Vermilion – The Smile Experts is Scotland’s leading specialist dental referral clinic – winner of Best Referral Practice and Best Patient Care at Private Dentistry Awards 2022. Vermilion was established in Edinburgh in 2011, with a second site opening in Kelso in 2018 and is owned by CEO and Specialist in Oral Surgery Dr David Offord. Currently there are 14 Vermilion clinicians treating referred patients for oral surgery, prosthodontics, orthodontics endodontics, periodontics and dental hygiene. In 2023 Vermilion acquired a 2nd floor at it’s Edinburgh clinic taking chair numbers from five up to ten. This expansion has created a vacancy for a new Practice Manager.
As the Practice Manager your Key Responsibilities will be:
- To lead the team – the day-to-day running of a busy 10-chair dental clinic
- Reporting to the General Manager on weekly sales figures and diary maximisation
- HR management: eight direct reports (office manager, lead nurse and six receptionists)
- Indirect support to 12 Vermilion nurses and office support staff
- To develop your staff and help them reach their full potential
- Patient communication
- Internal communication
- To oversee the work of the Treatment Coordinators
- Strategic management: contribute to the Senior Management Team
- Management of service delivery with the surgeries and reception areas
To ensure your team provide a warm welcome to patients, accurately registering them into the system and efficiently responding to any patient enquiries whilst delivering excellent customer service.
Ensure effective teamwork and communications within the business, so that the team deliver the highest possible standards.
You will be responsible for ensuring that patients are able to access our services with accurate diary management. Carefully managing Dentists annual leave allowance to ensure that diaries are plotted 12 months in advance.
Overseeing the work of the Treatment Coordinators to ensure that treatment plans / costs are issued to our patients in a timely manner. All correspondence from Dentists is issued in accordance with business KPI’s.
Working alongside the team to ensure all systems and processes are working optimally so that the day-to-day flow of the clinic is as smooth and efficient as possible,
Effectively manage and maintain the practice’s IT resources (hardware and software and data) to protect the integrity of patient records.
To have full knowledge of the treatment pricelist and policies. To understand fully the billing / accounting cycle for patients bills, ensure accounts are paid up.
Ensure that staff perform to the best of their ability by making sure that appropriate training and development processes are in place. Holding monthly 1:1 meetings and annual appraisals to support and grow your team.
Responsible for ensuring that all patient complaints are handled in accordance with the practice’s Complaints Procedure. Liaising with the general manager when required.
Liaise with dental laboratories, supply companies and other organisations as required. Ensuring that the lab system is robust, and delays/issues are managed accordingly at no detriment to the patient’s treatment.
Understand the various Dental Specialities and the range of treatments that we offer, to support our patients throughout their journey.
Keeping HIS paperwork up to date, always being inspection ready.
- The ability to communicate with all types of people and adapt your delivery style to suit the audience
- Forward thinking and able to foresee problems in the diary and clinic before they arise
- Able to take instruction from all members of the Senior Management Team
- Be confident in maintaining brand standards
- Pride themselves in his/her appearance
- Open with a warm and friendly manner
- Excellent communicator
- Always display the Vermilion behaviour and values
As the ideal candidate you will be:
- Experienced at managing people
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to cope under pressure in a high-paced environment
- Motivated to constantly improve knowledge and skills set
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have a good telephone manner
- Have a good eye for detail
- Experience with a dental practice management software would be advantageous
This is a full-time position, working Monday to Thursday 8.00 – 18.30.
In return we offer a range of benefits:
“Stronger as a team, than as individuals”
- Salary £35,000 – £40,000 depending on experience
- 30 days annual leave (inc. six statutory bank holidays) pro-rata 1
- Your birthday off2
- 5% employer pension contribution3
- £25 per month towards a gym membership4
- Discounted treatment
- Two hygiene visits per year
- FREE Verifiable CPD, training opportunities, professional indemnity costs
- Management and clinical support & guidance
1 Every two years, you will receive an extra day of holiday up to a maximum of five days
2 Applicable after one year of employment in the company
3 T&Cs – staff must be part of the pension scheme
4 T&Cs – proof of gym membership must be presented to your line manager. Money will be paid within your salary each month